PRODUCT DATA SHEET
Product Name and Model: Subterra Grey Model P
Development Stage: Alpha Prototypes being field tested (10/2020)
Description: The Subterra Grey Model P is a mobile soil spectroscopy laboratory that uses a push-probe technology to insert a probe into the ground. The probe measures continuous infrared spectra of the chemicals in the soil. The Subterra Grey Model P is designed for use in forensics and specifically targets discovery of fatty salts created during decomposition of human remains. The unit is portable, operable by a non-scientific operator, and provides an on-site, instantaneous “dig/no dig” indication.
Reasons To Buy
- 90% accuracy in determining presence of human remains
- Improves case closure rates
- Speeds recovery by providing instantaneous, on-site analysis
- Lowers costs of searches by up to 80%
- Provides closure to families of missing persons
- Compact and portable - ideal for rugged terrain and confined search areas
- Real-time analysis provides instantaneous dig/no dig decision
- No scientific training needed
- Requires only one individual to operate in the field
- Minimally invasive to sensitive forensics site
Specifications: The following specifications are estimates based on the current design. These are subject to change during prototype construction and testing.
- Probe Depth: 37 in
- Probe Diameter: 0.5 in
- Target Insertion Force: 200 lb
- Probe Insertion Time: 23 seconds
- Spectrometer: EMS Fabry-Perot
- Wavelength Range: 1550-1950 nm
- Light Source: 40W max, Quartz halogen
- Fiberoptic Cable: 19 x 600/660/710 um silica
- Load Cell (insertion force): +/- 1000 lb
- Power: 48V 25 AH Li ion battery
- Dimensions: 71"H x 43"L x 33"W
- Weight: 330 lbs.
- Country of Manufacture: USA
- Burial Age: Up to 150 years
- Depth of Burial: Up to 1.0 meters
- Size of Remains: Intact bodies will be found with default grid probe grid spacing; tighter grid spacing will find smaller remains such as individual disarticulated body parts.
Subterra Grey Model P (design on left; current prototype on right)